For decades, Chr. Augustinus Fabrikker has been the owner of successful Danish businesses in a wide variety of industries. Our investments share a common trait: the companies all have strong market positions or brands. We see it as a natural part of our strategy to invest in Danish iconic businesses.
We divide our long-term direct assets into three categories: Legacy, Strategic and Scale investments.
- We invest in sound and responsible business models, where the management own and execute the optimal strategy.
- We attach great importance to the mix of managerial capabilities and competencies in the chairmanship, board of directors and day-to-day management.
- We place a high value on dialogue and mutual trust.
- We have a deep routed interest in the long-term success of the businesses, but as per required, will take an active view in the short-term if required.
- We ensure that our companies take an active approach to ESG and sustainability, as well as adopt the relevant SDGs (the 17 UN sustainable development goals).
- We support investments that potentially yield a lower short-term return, provided that these investments will accelerate a positive progress for the business in the long-term.
- We believe that long-term success is achieved through motivated staff and competent managers.
At Chr. Augustinus Fabrikker, we have a strong tradition of investing in classic Danish brands. Our legacy investments are focused on both large and small companies. We have holdings within real estate, consumer goods, entertainment, and culture.
Legacy investments are made in Danish companies that are either part of Chr. Augustinus Fabrikker’s origin and history or that play a key part in the Danish cultural heritage. Chr. Augustinus Fabrikker has decisive influence or cooperate with a close partner in the legacy ownerships.
It is a core part of Chr. Augustinus Fabrikker’s strategy to have a significant ownership stake in selected companies. We regard our strategic investments as an integral part of the overall investment portfolio. We believe that a loyal group of owners focused on the long-term, create the best conditions for companies and their management – and thus for a healthy business and the best return.
When we have confidence in the business model, strategy, and management, we are loyal owners who promotes opportunities for both long-term strategies and necessary change and adaptation. At the same time, it is a natural part of our commitment that we, as owners, consider the optimal management of the companies and assess the forward-looking value potential.
Through investments in the next generation of Danish companies with an international outlook, we aim to support job creation, develop intellectual property and technology as well as generate returns.
Chr. Augustinus Fabrikker is a dedicated partner that invests in significant Danish companies that have achieved proof-of-business and need capital to scale the business. Our approach to long-term ownership in our scale investments is based on the same basic principles as in our strategic investments.